November 22, 2012
Happy Turkey Day
Regardless of your ethnicity, geographical location, religious beliefs, and/or your general feelings regarding the "true" history of the holiday, one thing cannot be denied: Thanksgiving is a day intended to stuff yourself silly. So while fighting your way out of your inevitable meat coma, please feel free to use this space as a spot to jot down what you're thankful for in our chosen genre this year.
I'll even start, that's how helpful I'm feeling this week.
- I'm thankful for long-ass breaks with no clearly defined length.
- I'm thankful for the two readers who put up with long-ass breaks with no clearly defined length.
- I'm thankful that the soundtrack to The Man With The Iron Fists was as good as the actual movie was cheesy. I mean cheesy in a good way, since I enjoy that kind of shit, but cheesy nonetheless.
- I'm thankful for Reader Reviews, which have helped fill the space on the site when I'm creatively blocked and not just on hiatus. (By the way, I'm always on the lookout for more. Shoot me an e-mail with your ideas if interested. Please and thank you.)
- I'm honestly just thankful that someone is actually reading this sentence, let alone this site. Kind of makes me want to start writing again.