February 12, 2007

Intro

Welcome to my first blog. I became tired of reading everyone else's various blogs without contributing, so here you go. I plan to use this as practice for my writing, but more importantly, as a forum to bitch and moan about one of my favorite art forms.
I don't plan on uploading any albums, because you can do that on hundreds of other blogs. But if you want to read wildly opinionated views and reviews of rap and hip hop from yesterday, today, and tomorrow, well, you can also do that on hundreds of other blogs. The other hundred or so blogs don't have my personal opinions, which are always right, never flawed, make complete sense, and should be adhered to at all times.

Right now, the format will be made up of track-by-track analyses of a given artist's back catalogue, hopefully shining new light on old classics and opening your eyes to some new ones. In the end, I hope reading this generates some actual CD purchases, because some albums are too nice to just have burned copies of, regardless of the genre you listen to.
And if something out there is complete shit, you'll hear about that, too.
Enjoy!


-Max

4 comments:

  1. Wow... been a reader for months, and I finally stumbled upon this.
    It's kind of entertaining to see how it all started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generated many purchases actually.

    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is the beginning of the blog. huh, neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 7 years! Here's to further bitching until the Apocalypse!

    FUCK SHAWN CARTER AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH HIM!

    &

    Thank you for the Czarface review. That album alone restored my faith in Inspectah Deck's rhyming & wiped away the memories post-Uncontrolled Substance, which is definitely an ok album.

    ReplyDelete