April 30, 2007

Coming Soon...


I realize that I've been slacking off like a motherfucker on my own blog, and I fully admit that I've gotten lazy. In my own defense, though, I am a filmmaker, and my producer has set a deadline. As such, not many reviews have been written lately, and the site has taken a tumble (in readership, in popularity, or whatever else you can put here that makes me sound good).

However, it's not like I stopped loving hip hop or anything.

I present to my two readers a sneak preview of what is to come on this very blog. Also, toward the end is my bid for audience participation, so be sure to stay tuned.

COMING SOON
Reviews for the following:

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (C'mon, you all knew this was coming.)

DJ Shadow - Entroducing... (I found this album in one of my boxes and dusted it off. May as well listen to it again.)

Ghostface Killah - Ironman (Because I still have an obligation, however minor, to
my partner Wu-Tang site.)

Dr. Dre - The Chronic (Because, regardless of how my blog seems to read, there is a West Coast.)

Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (Because even though I think the South killed Hip Hop dead, there's still some worthwhile output there. There's this, and...um...hold on, there's something else...)

Nas - It Was Written (Because this is the album I actually planned on writing about next. Took it out of its case and everything.)

Hopefully thses reviews will see the light of day eventually. I appreciate everyone who has visited, enjoyed the blog, and commented (hint, hint), so much so that I plan on letting you guys actually have some say in what comes next.

Going through my stacks, I found five potential CDs to write about, and I want you all to make my decision for me, because, as stated before, I'm lazy. I'm also curious to see how many people actually read my blogs. So, please leave me comments (not on the side, but on this post itself), and I'll tally up the votes by the end of next week.

The lucky (and oddly cohesive) five are:

Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Clipse - Lord Willin'
Obie Trice - Cheers
The Nonce - World Ultimate
A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

Once again, sorry for the lack of updates, but eventually I'll get back on a more stress-free schedule. I've noticed that it is so much easier to write about hip hop when you can actually take the time to enjoy it, and I'm sure my fellow bloggers can attest to that.

Thanks,
Max

7 comments:

  1. Keep your good job and don't worry about your blog , it is read and read again.
    Of a fan of hip hop to another fan of hip hop. peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 01, 2007

    Sounds good, I'd like to see a review from "Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst"

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 01, 2007

    Of course people read this blog. What else would I do I class all day, pay attention? Fuck that.
    Oh, and you should review that Clipse next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know you aint got NO obligation to us, lol, keep doing wha you doing bro, i'll still be reading back on your reviews anyways...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. clipse should be next
    dope blog btw, though i hardly agree with most of the reviews it's fun to read about records i grew up on

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 05, 2007

    Just wanted to give support to the site. I look forward to the next update and keep up the good work. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 06, 2007

    I'm thinking Clipse or Tribe. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete