October 30, 2018

Site Stuff: What Kind of Stunt is Max Trying To Pull Now



Sorry, there won't be a new post today, but that's because I think I can do you one better. Remember way back in February, when I ran a post every single day? Well, in the spirit of the upcoming holiday season, and also as a shameless ploy to try to get more page hits per post in order to rationalize keeping this dumbass project going (*hint, hint*), I'm doing it all over again in November.

What this means is a post a day, including Thanksgiving and Black Friday, or, if you live outside of the United States, Thursday and Friday, respectively. My plan is to provide follow-up reviews for every artist I wrote about back in February, at least where that's currently possible, so while that absolutely means you two will (finally) discover exactly how I felt about The Carters' summer project, you won't see anything about Reggie Noble, as he has yet to release Muddy Waters Too, which makes it rather difficult to discern any sort of opinion. So in those cases, I'm going to try to find artists related to the ones I originally critiqued, although not exactly in easily-identifiable ways.

You may have figured out that February only had twenty-eight days, whereas November typically comes in at thirty. Good on you, champ. What that means for you is two additional posts that may or may not have any relation to everything written about prior, although it's a safe bet that anything that pops up in those slots would still further my project down the road toward the finish line. Or they won't, I don't know yet, as what that means for me is I have to figure out what to write about. There also may be some additional bonus sprinkled throughout the month, because again, I'm trying to boost page views, and the more people that look at the site, the more likely I can keep this going.

Beyond that, I'm already looking into how to close out the year, but if you're hoping that a Reader Review will fit in there somehow, just know that while I continue to accept pitches and submissions (and do it in that order, as blindly sending a review doesn't guarantee that I'll ever read it), I won't be running any more until 2019. If you are interested in contributing in some fashion, hit me at the email address in the sidebar, but I implore you, pitch me an idea first. I don't want you to waste either of our time.

In the meantime, you can familiarize yourself with the artists and projects I spent all February writing about by clicking on this link. I have no doubt that you'll likely guess at a significant chunk of what's to come, but it won't necessarily be in the same order, and I could throw you for a loop. I'm still capable of doing that, you know. And as I'm contemplating improvements to both the site and my general sense of well-being, clicking through on the Amazon links and then searching for whatever you heart desires for itself this holiday season goes a long way toward keeping HHID sustainable. I thank you in advance.

And before you flood the comments, yes, Kamikaze's in the mix.

See you in a couple of days, and tell your friends who like reading niche blogs that split the difference between sarcasm and musical criticism.

- Max

19 comments:

  1. I hope the lack of new Schoolboy or Kendrick albums (unless you count the Black Panther soundtrack) means we might get some Jay Rock (or outside shot, Isaiah Rashad) reviews in their stead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like where your head is at. Your style will play well here.

      Delete
    2. Now I'm really excited.

      Delete
  2. Ah Max, music to my ears - looking forward to this. Kamikaze also, despite the fact us two already know you'll hate it!

    As for your 'related' posts, I'd love it if somehow you managed to relate Illa Ghee's Suede Cigarettes to something. Would definitely be keen to hear your thoughts on that.

    Oh, in the UK we now seemingly celebrate thanksgiving. Of course by celebrate I mean droves of people desperate for a good deal on something shit hammer the stores and Amazon. Speaking of which, do you get any sort of kick back from amazon.co.uk?



    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this project! I don't particularly care for a lot of the artists whose work you choose to review but always find your reviews amusing and, normally, insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max I'm also looking forward to this project of yours, can you include Prodigys's final album prehaps?

    Reviews for Jay Rocks Redemption and Isaiah Rashad's The Sun's Tirade would be most welcome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mc Eiht album pleeeease!! Much luv from Brazil!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you made us wait so long for the Kamikaze review! Good to know it's officially on the horizon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made people wait eleven years for Reasonabke Doubt, so there's precedent

      Delete
  7. Brandon ScrillowpaneOctober 31, 2018

    Good stuff Max! Just be sure not to burn yourself out to the point where you vanish for a year again, while also making sure to give us as much content as possible and provide a write-up for every requested album in the comments section ever. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already exhausted and it hasn't even started yet. This bodes well.

      Delete
  8. Kamikaze is nothing! compared to Drogas Wave though I highly doubt you will be reviewing this album due to your stance on all things Lupe Fiasco related (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lupe wasn't a part of the February project either, though, so regardless of how I feel about his earlier work, why would he suddenly pop up during November?

      Also, I've been requesting Reader Reviews for Lupe for years to fill that void, so you can pass the blame around to everyone else as well

      Delete
  9. februar had earl and tribe and nothing to follow up with (yet)

    why u do this to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence the statement, "So in those cases, I'm going to try to find artists related to the ones I originally critiqued, although not exactly in easily-identifiable ways."

      And there will never be another Tribe album. Why are you doing this to ME

      Delete
  10. Something’s wrong with the comment section, dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have to be much more specific.

      Delete
  11. I just wanna hear what you think of that Logic YSNIV Wu-Tang joint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't listened to it. Whether that's a criticism or not is for you to judge.

      Delete