November 22, 2018

Bonus Post #6


Today's bonus isn't another review - it's a national holiday and I'm busy trying to avoid the site. But I wanted to leave you two with something else to hopefully enjoy.



RandoMax Mix #1



I'm still playing around with this Mixcloud stuff, so my thoughts are subject to change, but right now I feel like it may be the best way for me to explore different avenues musically without having to commit to a critique, because sometimes I just want to listen to music for fun. So the following mix is something I had been wanting to do for quite a while.



Unlike that last mix I posted, which was just a supplement to the first fifteen days of November (and which I know you two haven't listened to all the way through, as someone would have mentioned the extra song I included by now), today's mix is of a more random nature, hence the name RandoMax. You've put up with my many references to music outside of hip hop for years, but now I'm just creating my own radio show/podcast/bullshit of sorts made up of songs I happened to like in the moment. No, these aren't my most favoritest songs ever, and yes, I may end up hating every single one of these tracks in the future. For example, I've listened to this mix far too many times in the past week to check for blatant errors (as I'm still a novice to all of this), and I currently can't stand any of it. And I also really like it. I know, it's complicated. I'll likely throw the tracklist up at some point, but for now, I'm interested in the opinions of folks who go into it blindly.

This potential series is but one of the ways I think the Mixcloud account may be able to help me take HHID to another level, and also, if I'm not able to keep myself interested in this shit, that will kill the site even faster than a lack of response. So at the very least, listen to this and let me know what you think of the selections. And if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below, but only after you rate, review, and/or subscribe. I'm kidding, but seriously, give it a spin.

UPDATE: Here's the tracklist for the first episode, featuring a mixture of songs, some of which I've mentioned either in previous reviews or on social media as being stuff I liked, and others that will make you scratch your temple, guaranteed. Enjoy!

1. "Israel" - Siouxsie and The Banshees
2. "Don't Know" (featuring Fat Joe) - N.O.R.E.
3. "PettyWap" - Young M.A.
4. "Haunted When The Minutes Drag" - Love and Rockets
5. "'94 Ghost Shit" (featuring Conway and Westside Gunn) - The Alchemist
6. "Frost Bite" - Millyz x Statik Selektah
7. "When I Grow Up" - Fever Ray
8. "Armoire" (featuring Young Roddy & Trademark Da Skydiver) - Curren$y
9. "Stunt" (featuring 2 Chainz) - Swizz Beatz
10. "Roll (Burbank Funk)" - The Internet
11. "Alien" - Beach House
12. "Bubblin' (Remix)" (featuring Busta Rhymes) - Anderson .Paak
13. "Drones" - Night Drive
14. "Flow Temperament" - Bumpy Knuckles x Nottz
15. "Who Do You Love?" - The Jesus and Mary Chain
16. "Let A N---a Know" (featuring Chinx Drugz) - Wale
17. "Frozen Angels" - DJ Muggs vs. Meyhem Lauren

-Max

6 comments:

  1. really like this idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I just couldn’t sit through the last one, much of it not to my taste. I have subscribed though and will continue to listen - nice idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, as the first mix was more of a compilation of songs from the first fifteen days, not exactly what I'd put on a "random" mix. Try this one to see if it's any better, though.

      Delete
    2. I better and pretty eclectic mix here Max - much better.

      Glad it's not just me that shuffles hip-hop with other genres.

      Delete
  3. Agree with ecclectic above, didn't know any of these tracks so has been a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully you'll keep that same energy for the second episode

      Delete