December 25, 2018

Wait, So What Exactly Is Happening On The Blog Today?



As a holiday gift from me to you two, today's post will actually be a series of posts based around a single topic. This should give you plenty of reading material for when you're hiding in the bathroom from your families during the festivities, or if you don't celebrate Christmas, it should help an otherwise-slow work day fly by.

Click through to see what the subject of today's posts will be.



Wait for it...



...



...




...




...




...




...




Yes, the Wu-Tang Clan embargo will be lifted for one day only, as I go back to my roots as a Wu stan in an effort to get caught up with all of the projects you two have asked me about for the past three years.

The Wu are currently celebrating the twenty-fifth anniversary of their debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), so why not use the twenty-fifth day of December to pay respects to The RZA, the GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard (R.I.P.), Inspectah Deck, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, U-God, and Method Man?

So here's what's going to happen today. We're going to be celebrating something I call "The 12 Hours of Wu-Tang", which sounds very literal, I know, but I don't have twelve days to run posts. Instead, I have twelve hours. What this means is there will be a new Wu-related write-up every hour for twelve hours today. Twelve fucking posts. I'm tired just thinking about it, but at least it'll give you two something to do today.

While I will be focusing on most of the newer Wu offerings that I hadn't yet gotten around to reviewing, with some other stuff thrown in for good measure, I offer one caveat: there will be no discussion of the new Method Man album, Meth Lab 2: The Lithium. I had already chosen the projects for today long before Meth decided to randomly drop a project, so he doesn't get to see the spotlight today. It turns out this isn't that big of a deal, as he'll pop up enough throughout the day to make up for it, but just be warned. Also, I haven't listened to Meth Lab 2: The Lithium, and likely won't for quite some time, as the Wu embargo light gets turned back on at the end of the day.

So do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves, and follow the blog or my Twitter account (@hhid_Max) to find out what Wu projects will finally receive the HHID treatment. I'll see you in a bit.

-Max

5 comments:

  1. You're a goddamn legend max.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinky McCheeseDecember 25, 2018

    Honestly, I'm all for more Wu reviews. I enjoy a good hatchet review as much as the next guy, but I mostly visit music blogs to find new stuff to listen to. In particular, I'm a big Wu fan but there's no way I'm ever going to get around to sift through everything that comes from a member or affiliate on my own, so I'm all about getting encouraged to listen to something I wouldn't otherwise. I got in to The Black Knights because of this blog; I always shared your opinion on U-God as being the worst (original) member of the group and it would have never in a million years have occurred to me to give Venom a shot, (hell, i didn't even know it was a thing) but now I'm actually kinda curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great for the "need-to-come-to-office-in-between-Christmas-and-New-Years-despite-no-bosses-coming-in-the-entire-week" crowd (which I am a part of). Excited to read through all of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will get u thu till 5:30!

      Delete