March 26, 2019

RandoMax Radio Episode #5!

This picture is obviously synonymous with quality.


Episode number five in my ongoing quest to exercise different creative outlets is now live for your listening pleasure. And it is pleasing, damn it.


Today's episode finds me in a much different way than last month's, as it follows an actual real-life write-up, one that I wrote myself using my own two hands and only the most mid-level of crayons. Which is to say, I haven't abandoned the actual "blog" aspect of HHID, nor do I plan on doing so in the near future. But I find these mixes fun: they help me shift from my overly-critical self into a mindframe where I actually enjoy (and even love, at least the vast majority of the time) the music being presented. So if you only enjoy my critiques, I'm sorry to hear that, but I get it.

These RandoMax mixes aren't ending, though, so you may as well jump on board, or at least click on 'play' while you're browsing other sites on the Interweb. You'd be doing me a solid, anyway.



Because I'm a rascal, the tracklist will be revealed at a later date, but this is by design: I honestly believe these mixes work even better if you don't know the exact destination. I'm certainly not the first to throw hip hop, indie rock, and other assorted genres onto a single playlist, but, and I say this with the confidence one must have to be a productive member of our chosen genre, mine are among the best. You two will most certainly find a song or two that you'll end up adding to your own personal playlists.

Your support is very much appreciated, so don't forget to subscribe to the RandoMax feed to listen to previous episodes (including the Producers Guild series, which now includes two Automator mixes and will explore a different producer very soon) and to receive updates before they appear here. You can also troll me on Twitter at @hhid_Max. And of course, you can leave your comments, thoughts, song and/or article suggestions, and other randomness below, and I will read them. I may not respond in the most timely manner, but your thoughts will be read.

EDIT: Tracklisting now available below, in case you hate fun.


1. "Teardrop" - Massive Attack
2. "The Game Is Over (Demo)" - Ministry
3. "Chains" (featuring Shimmy Hoffa) - Kenna
4. "Side A (Old)" - Danny Brown
5. "Confetti" - Cold Cave
6. "No Delayin'" - Nice & Smooth
7. "A Stranger Love" (featuring Sarah Chernoff) - Classixx
8. "Everything She Wants" - Wham!
9. "Get Busy" (featuring Dice Raw and Peedi Crakk) - The Roots
10. "Don't Move" - Phantogram
11. "Follow Me" - Giusy Dej
12. "Huzzah 2" (featuring Heron) - Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire
13. "Portrait of a Masterpiece" - The D.O.C.
14. "Deceptacon" - Le Tigre
15. "Uno Mas (Remix)" (featuring Pharrell, Wiz Khalifa, Miguel, and J Alvarez) - N.O.R.E.
16. "Hustler's Ambition" - 50 Cent

-Max

1 comment:

  1. Max - I'm seriously behind on these but will listen to all of them. Thanks for keeping the blog going with this new direction - it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

    ReplyDelete