November 28, 2019

RandoMax Radio Episode #13!


You two didn't think you were going to escape November so easily, did you? Sure, this month we were blessed with five Tuesdays, and those slots were filled with two Gut Reaction posts, two album reviews that I had held on to for, what is it, several months at this point (instead of worrying about how to fit Fat Joe into what I was doing, I just thought, "Fuck it"), and the third entry in the Producers Guild series.

And yet, here we are, on Thanksgiving (in the United States, anyway - the rest of you, just act like it's any other day), with a new episode of RandoMax Radio. What are the odds, right?
Episode 13 uncharacteristically collects sixteen tracks from varying genres into a cohesive whole. But this wasn't the first version of episode 13 I recorded. Don't know if any of you two care how the sausage is made, but the first take featured only about half of the songs that ultimately made the show. The first time I listened to a quality check I was happy with the results, but the second time, oh that goddamn second time, I fucking hated everything about it, so I scrapped all of it (including a specific idea I may try to rework later, so I'm not going to go into detail about it right now) and started over... several months later.

My original cut was recorded back in May: the one you get to hear right now, one month ago. Sometimes you have to step away from a project in order to see the big picture. So, one month ago, I reselected tracks, ran a few quality checks, and that brings us to today.

So I'd really appreciate your feedback, you two.




If you want to know what it was you just listened to, check back in a few weeks for the official tracklist. Patreon subscribers at any level gain access to the song titles immediately, if that's any sort of incentive for you.

EDIT: Okay, fine, here's a listing of the tracks.

1. "Swamp Thing" - The Chameleons UK
2. "I'm Talking To You" - Busta Rhymes
3. "Making Plans For Nigel" - XTC
4. "Zealots" - Fugees
5. "Desire" - College
6. "Wilderness" - Joy Division
7. "3 AM" (featuring ScHoolboy Q) - Maxo Kream
8. "Automatically Sunshine" - The Supremes
9. "Park Joint" - Camp Lo
10. "Tailwhip" - Men I Trust
11. "How Much a Dollar Cost" (featuring James Fauntleroy & Ronald Isley) - Kendrick Lamar
12. "Narc" - Interpol
13. "Crown For Kings" (featuring Black Thought) - Benny the Butcher
14. "Black Sunday" - Federale
15. "Verbal Murder 2" (featuring Big Punisher, Noreaga, & Common) - Pete Rock
16. "Swimming In The Flood" - Passion Pit

(I did throw a goofy little something into the mix - let me know if you manage to find it.)

I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to listen, subscribe, and/or leave notes for the past year of shows. If you've never listened to a single episode, give this one a shot and let me know how you feel. And don't forget to subscribe to the RandoMax Radio feed to listen to previous episodes and to receive updates before they appear here. You can also troll me on Twitter at @hhid_Max. And of course, you can leave your comments, thoughts, song and/or article suggestions, and whatever else you two want me to see.

Enjoy!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment