January 6, 2020

Hiatus-Type Beat



Well, that's all, folks. The 12 Days of Wu-Mas are finally over, and its completion just so happens to coincide with my planned hiatus of the blog. How convenient was that?



As I put the Wu-Tang Clan back on the metaphorical shelf for another year (probably? maybe?), a light rest has been recommended for me to regroup my efforts on Hip Hop Isn't Dead, which I would like to use to continue trying to finish my ongoing project. I'm happy for the progress I managed to make in 2019 - I fully caught up with several artist discographies and made some hard decisions on others that I chose not to pursue. In 2020 I plan on publishing a list for you two of the artists that made the final cut, so that you'll know what's coming and, more importantly, understand where the site is going in the future. (Also, if any of you are still interested in Reader Reviews, it'll serve as a handy guide for which artists are fair game.)

I want to give humble thanks to all of you two who continue to follow this blog and stuck with it and/or returned to it even after I took a couple of years off unexpectedly. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read the reviews, and if you leave comments, converse with me on Twitter, retweet/repost my links, or shoot me email suggestions, just know that I read everything that is sent to me and I'll do my best to respond in some fashion.

Until I find my way back out of the woods, you can find me on my Twitter, which is more than just a hub for my sarcastic ramblings of pop culture, vitriol aimed at the orange dumpster fire in the White House, and rampant, repetitive links to my various reviews. I've also revived the Hip Hop Isn't Dead Facebook page for those of you two who hate your privacy and wish a corporation would sell it for their own gain. In addition, there are a couple of other sources of Max-made content that you could look into while I'm away:

- the RandoMax Radio feed, which features every episode of RandoMax Radio, my monthly series of playlist-like podcasts focused solely around my enjoyment of sharing music that I love with the masses, along with some other ideas I've had over the past couple of years; and

- the Hip Hop is Done Patreon feed, which will be continuing during this break. Subscribers receive access to, well damn, over fifty exclusive write-ups that won't end up on this free channel. If you've enjoyed this blog in any capacity over the years, I think you'll enjoy the Patreon, as it's even more Max, and I have plans to take it in completely new directions, so stay tuned!

I'll see you sooner rather than later. Until then, catch up on the 12 Days of Wu-Mas and, why the hell not, check out my 2018 Wu-Tang stunt too. And if you have any ideas for future reviews, stunts, and the like, why not drop me a line? I'm around.

Thanks again,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment