June 16, 2020

The Max-Approved Mixtape - Episode #1! (Brought to you by RandoMax Radio)


So what I'm running with today is the first actual episode of the Max-Approved Mixtape, each installment consisting of ten hip hop tracks that I find enjoyable that I felt like sharing with you two. Now you may be wondering to yourselves, "Wait, how is this the first episode when he clearly uploaded four previous volumes prior to today? Max is out of his goddamned mind!" And you're not wrong, at least about my mind, but you are wrong about the previous entries - those were all test episodes built on the back of a previous series of articles I wrote as a way to skirt my own writing requirement, which amounted simply to "write a review".

Which I'm still not doing today, but that's alright.



The tracklist appears below, just so you can get a feel for the type of journey you're in for.

1. Mos Def - "Auditorium" (featuring 'The Ruler')
2. J-Zone - "No Consequences" (featuring Huggy Bear)
3. Redman - "Do What U Feel" (featuring Method Man)
4. Black Milk - "Long Story Short"
5. Smoothe da Hustler - "My Brother, My Ace" (featuring Trigger tha Gambler)
6. Pusha T - "Amen" (featuring Young Jeezy and Kanye West)
7. N.O.R.E. - "Don't Know" (featuring Fat Joe)
8. Nas - "Live N---a Rap" (featuring Mobb Deep)
9. DJ Muggs - "You Better Believe It" (featuring Xzibit and King Tee)
10. Gang Starr - "Soliloquy of Chaos"

I think this is a fairly brisk mix that will make you feel some type of way (ugh, I feel like my soul died a little bit while writing that sentence), so let me know how much you like it or if you have suggestions for the future, since I'd like this to be an ongoing thing - it's not as though I'm hurting for material here.
 
Keep washing your hands and wear a fucking mask!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment