January 6, 2023

...and now the holidays are over, again



Another Wu-Mas is finally in the books. I’m fully aware that the readership of the site is likely much different than it was when it first began back in 2007 – hell, it’s likely evolved significantly since last year, because life goes on. But for those of you who have stuck by the blog, just know that I greatly appreciate the support and hope to continue providing some form of entertainment for a while to come.

That said, the other annual tradition on here is the point where I announce my brief hiatus from making updates. Which is what I’m doing now. Again. Sure, these lengthy breaks are counterintuitive when what I’m trying to do is build and retain a core base, but without it, I’ve learned that the work begins to suffer, and I don’t think any of us want the write-ups to revert back to the single-sentence song reviews I used to do when I was establishing myself-slash-trying to figure out if there was even an audience for the shit I’m on. I'm still writing, of course, and the mix show side project will continue, so I have no plans as of right now to cut off the content at the source - I just need a bit of a break.

With that, I hope this holiday season was a good one for you and yours, and I’ll still be around on social media or on the Patreon, where hiatuses don’t exist (hint hint). Feel free to reach out if you have a question, a request, or literally whatever. Until I get another update going here, I recommend you use the time to catch up on what you missed this past Wu-Mas, since there was some good stuff this year.

Be back soon,

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment