January 6, 2024

The Holidays Are Over Again

 

Well, that was fast. The 2023 edition of the Twelve Days of Wu-Mas has come to a close, and I hope you both enjoyed the gifts and goodies I left for you under the tree this time around. I realize that 2023 was kind of a rough year for the blog, given that there weren't any real updates apart from the RandoMax Radio links, but even though real life is currently kicking my ass, I'm pledging to do at least a little bit better in the new year. What that means, I don't know yet, but watch this space.

In the meantime, something I've been doing in order to preserve my sanity is trying to consume media that is new to me. Specifically, I try to keep lists of movies and albums that I've experienced each year that were brand new to me, regardless of their actual age, as a way to keep things fresh in my mind, and also to assist me with my whole "I like introducing people to music" thing, since the best way for me to tell you what's good is to seek it out myself first. I usually aim for one hundred of each media, which seems daunting but in reality is only like two films and two albums a week, and "albums" these days can be very fucking short, as we've seen on streaming services, so it's doable. If you're interested in taking that journey along with me, just start tracking the media you've ingested this year (caveat: it has to be new to you, don't just listen to Liquid Swords again and count it), and perhaps later in the year we can revisit this topic and share how we've grown and broadened our creative horizons or something. No judgment here - if you haven't yet watched The Godfather, that just means you could add it to your list if you'd like.

Anyway, be back soon,

-Max

6 comments:

  1. I keep extensive lists of all the movies, shows, and music that I listen to and it's a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will participate in that. I keep lists anyway during the year for Best Of's and whatnot. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also started the year trying to force myself to listen to more new (to me) material. Though yesterday that just meant listening to Hammer's Death Row album, which probably wasn't the type of horizon expanding I had originally intended. What was even more frightening was just how much I enjoyed it............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an affinity for all things Death Row, and yet I haven't heard this one. Guess I'll add it to the pile.

      Delete
  4. Yo @Max can you do a review on Rakim - The Master album and Benny the Butcher - Tana Talk 3 and 4? I like what you guys doing.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm considering The Master (I have been for a while, I just have to actually sit down and do it), and as for Benny, both of those have been reviewed over on the Patreon if you're interested (along with a handful of other Griselda projects and a ton of other stuff).

      Delete