December 25, 2018

That's It, I'm Done For The Year, Happy Holidays



Okay folks, that's it, show's over, time to go home. This is my actual final post of 2018, after which the Wu-Tang Clan goes back onto my shelves with no return date in sight. I'll be taking another break to recharge my batteries, as this year has taken a lot out of me. Thank you for still continuing to support the blog, even after the lengthy hiatus, and I hope to be back in 2019 at some point.

Until then, I urge you to click through the year's posts to catch up on what you missed, such as all of the Wu stuff from earlier today, the February run of write-ups, or its November follow-up. There's also the first entry in the revived Producers Guild series, focusing on Dan "The Automator" Nakamura's production across musical genres. And, of course, my latest side project, RandoMax Radio, whose first two episodes are live on my Mixcloud page.

I appreciate you reading through all of my bullshit rants and raves and nonsensical diversions, and I hope you continue to support HHID in 2019. Next year I'm hoping to record more episodes of both mix shows, if not other stuff, and I'm playing with the idea of putting together a way for you two to directly contribute to the continuation of the blog, as this shit takes a lot out of me, both time-wise and financially, and I don't really even like asking you to buy shit on Amazon anymore (although, by all means, please still do that). I'll have more info early next year, hopefully.

Leave your comments, suggestions, thoughts, and random iPhone playlists below, and enjoy your holidays. I'll see you when I see you.

Happy New Year,
Max

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, Max! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Thanks for all of the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Max. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great comeback year for the blog, thank you and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. merry christmas and happy holidaaayyyys

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been great to see the blog getting regular updates this past year Max, thanks for that. Still working through all the WU stuff you posted, not surprised you're taking a break from this but I do hope you return soon.
    I like the way you're heading, branching out in to some mixes with a rather more eclectic range of genres and artists.
    Have you read any decent books lately? I recently re-read Jerry Heller's book, I still feel he was dealt a harsh hand by his critics and former label mates, but as always in general where there is smoke there is fire.
    Looking for some recommendations, I usually go for non-fiction in the form of biographies. Doesn't need to be HH related, just an interesting person or subject will suffice.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year MAx! A big thank you very much for all the work you put in. Even when I disagree with your opinions I find myself laughing along hysterically to your hilarious writing. Also, try not to be too discouraged if you are getting less comments or interaction immediately than you would ideally like. I don't know if this applies to your other readers (and it sounds fucking stupid, I know) but I genuinely seem to read these posts more slowly than you write them. Sometimes I won't feel liek reading at all for several weeks and other times I'll read 3 posts in one sitting. So for example, I am only just after reaching the mid point of your November binge-reviewing and probably won't have caught up with your latest posts for another few weeks. What I'm trying to say, probably not very succintly, is that I absolutely love all your work, but sometimes struggle to keep up with it. I will make an effort to involve myself more in the comments, telling friends, etc. but in the meantime know that a perceived lack of interaction with the most recent post does not necessarily equate with a lack of interest. Your posts are loved and appreciated.
    I've just reached your mix post this morning, so going to give that a listen. Thanks a million again for all your fantastic work. You're a breath of fresh air in the often humourless world of hip-hop reviewing. Hope you have a great 2019 ahead.
    Oh also, I think the 1st Black Thought EP is bangin and you're nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the thoughts and the time it took to write them out. I completely understand readers not necessarily wanting to keep up with the updates on a daily basis, and I get not always wanting to comment - I read stuff online all the time and don't feel the need to leave them, either. The subject matter is fairly esoteric, so I'm not expecting blog posts with a million-plus hits. But I am asking the readers to let me know what's working and what isn't, whether it's on here, through social media, or via e-mail, as I rely on a level of engagement in order to determine what people are most likely to respond to.

      I also plan on introducing a new way to support the site, which will hopefully kick in soon.

      Thank you for reading, and hopefully you'll continue to do so for a while to come. Let me know if you have any notes on the mix.

      Delete