May 28, 2019

RandoMax Radio Episode #7!



It feels like it's been approximately eight months since I posted a new episode of RandoMax Radio. The actual writing on the blog has been ramped up significantly over the past month (especially if you happen to be a fan of Mobb Deep), but this podcast-slash-mix show series isn't going anywhere, and hopefully I can say the same of you.


This month's entry is another sixteen tracks from varying genres that somehow coalesce to form cohesive, coherent, and dare I say entertaining as shit background music to help score an hour or so of your daily life. If you're still around after six months' worth of episodes, you likely understand what you're getting into here, even if you're not exactly sure of what to expect from me at this point. I'm hardly the first person to encourage folks to listen to more than one genre of music: hell, if you aren't doing that at this point, I just feel sad for you and your sheltered lifestyle. But I hope you're interested in just how well these tracks go together, even with no overall theme or narrative arc to work with.



The tracklist will be revealed at a later date, so until then, keep an ear out, as you'll likely find your new favorite song here.

Don't forget to subscribe to the RandoMax feed to listen to previous episodes and to receive updates before they appear here. You can also troll me on Twitter at @hhid_Max. And of course, you can leave your comments, thoughts, song and/or article suggestions, and whatever other content you two can conjure up below. And stay tuned for some important information regarding the site itself and how you can support it directly (read: not through ridiculous Amazon links).

EDIT: You've waited long enough, I suppose:

1. "Everything In Its Right Place" - Radiohead
2. "It Gets Dark" - Holy Ghost!
3. "Swing" (featuring Butterfly a/k/a Ish) - Camp Lo
4. "Social Jetlag" - Beach Fossils
5. "Hot" (featuring Greg Nice) - The Beatnuts
6. "Flashing Lights" - BADBADNOTGOOD
7. "Passin' Me By" - The Pharcyde
8. "Are 'Friends' Electric?" - Tubeway Army
9. "Sit Down, Man" (featuring El-P) - Das Racist
10. "Black Out Days" - Phantogram
11. "The Problem (Lawwwddd)" (featuring Pharrell) - N.O.R.E.
12. "Feather" - Little Dragon
13. "Q.U. - Hectic" - Mobb Deep
14. "Your Tomb" - Craft Spells
15. "Hanging On The Telephone" - Blondie
16. "Pump Pump" (featuring Lil Malik) - Snoop Doggy Dogg

Enjoy!

-Max

3 comments:

  1. Another good one Max, a very eclectic mix here where I found myself enjoying most of the other genres to the hip-hop to be honest.
    I wonder if these mixes would be a little more cohesive if they were less randomly rap-other genre-rap-other genre? That said it would take away from the 'RandoMax' theme!
    Keep them coming, I enjoy listening to something different.
    You turning to Patreon?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not NOT saying that.

      Delete
    2. Well whatever platform you use I'll be keen to see what you have in mind. I've been reading here almost since day one and have appreciated the content, I'd be happy to support.

      Delete