June 4, 2019

I'll Be Gone For A While, But Then I'll Be Back, So Everything's Fine



So listen, I'm going to step away from the site for a month or so. I have some different irons in various fires all over the region, and I need to tend to them before climate change destroys the world as we all know it, rendering all things pointless.

It shouldn't be looked at as a total loss, however. I've published many posts this year that you two can now catch up with and discuss amongst yourselves, such as:
- Seven different write-ups closing out Prodigy's catalog (also known as Prodigy Week)
- A couple of West Coast-based Reader Reviews (and my own thoughts about a third, ScHoolboy Q's CrasH Talk)
- The second episode in the Producers Guild series, exploring the work of DJ Premier (the follow-up, diving deeper down the rabbit hole, is coming soon, seriously)
- Speaking of which, episode #1.5, getting even weirder with The Automator, is available now
- The second meeting of Max's Book Club, exploring U-God's autobiography (which pairs nicely with the Showtime documentary series Of Mics and Men, which you two can also discuss there)
- Episodes three, four, five, six, and seven of RandoMax Radio (one and two were published late 2018, but you can always go back and listen to those as well)
- A couple of reviews consisting of my thoughts regarding different DJ Muggs Vs. projects (not the one you want to read, but I may be considering it, wink wink)
- I don't know, that weird Wu-Tang thing I did last Christmas?

This won't exactly be a restful vacation for me, as I plan on spending time setting up different ideas and concepts for the blog, which I will try to share upon my return at the beginning of July and which will hopefully extend its life while expanding its footprint. I need to establish different avenues allowing you to support the writing and such directly, as Amazon payments have never helped keep this fucker afloat, and I like eating actual food, so I'm counting on you two.

(I will pop back in for the eighth RandoMax Radio episode, as I'm trying to keep that consistent, at least. I'll also still lurk around the comments if you have thoughts, and you can find me on Twitter @hhid_Max if you need something sooner.)

So, click through the links, listen to the mixes, listen to the mixes a second and third time, and I'll be back before you know it.

-Max

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour on return and what's in store for the blog.

    I might challenge myself in the meantime to read that U-God book....

    ReplyDelete