June 25, 2019

RandoMax Radio Episode 8!



My month-long hiatus is almost up, and as of this writing my plan is to still return next week with actual articles you can scroll through during your lunch break, skipping over all of the actual text just to leave me a comment that asks why I haven't written about (insert artist name here) yet. Which you'll still get to do, obviously: there are so many rap artists out and about these days that I'll inevitably offend half (generous estimate) of the readers with my choices without even really trying. But I've since embraced another role, that of "guy who releases hour-long mixes every month and calls it a podcast", and I'm at least going to be consistent in that persona.


This month's entry compiles another sixteen tracks from varying genres that somehow converge into a single mix that is much more cohesive than one would believe. You'll recognize some of these songs, but hopefully the others will be a pleasant surprise. If you've heard the previous seven months' worth of episodes, you'll know it's more of the same, but also, it's going to be a completely different vibe. As I've mentioned before, I'm hardly the first person to encourage folks to listen to more than one genre of music. But I hope you enjoy this peek into however the hell I was feeling when I chose these songs regardless.



Check back in a few weeks to find out just exactly what it was you were listening to, unless you Shazam all of the tracks, in which case, please don't spoil it for anyone else.

EDIT: Tracklist now available below.

1. "Mysterons" - Portishead
2. "Perplexing Pegasus" - Rae Sremmurd
3. "The Chauffeur" - Duran Duran
4. "Kitty In The Middle" - The Presets
5. "Hussle & Motivate" - Nipsey Hussle
6. "Indecision" - Shura
7. "Where Are We Going? (Alternate Mix 2)" - Marvin Gaye
8. "Embrace" - Pnau
9. "Oxy Music" - ScHoolboy Q
10. "Survival Tactics" (featuring Capital STEEZ) - Joey Bada$$
11. "Manners" (featuring Busta Rhymes" - N.O.R.E.
12. "Silent Partner" - La Roux
13. "Rather Unique" - AZ
14. "Passing By" - The KVB
15. "What We Do" (featuring Jay-Z and Beanie Sigel) - Freeway
16. "Leaving Hope" - Nine Inch Nails

Don't forget to subscribe to the RandoMax Radio feed to listen to previous episodes and to receive updates before they appear here. You can also troll me on Twitter at @hhid_Max. And of course, you can leave your comments, thoughts, song and/or article suggestions, and whatever other content you two can conjure up below. And stay tuned for some important information regarding the site itself and how you can support it directly, as I have a habit of eating every single day that I'd like to continue with.

Enjoy!

-Max

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your Nas Lost Tapes 2 review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, given how trash it is so am I...

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2019

      It's too long and there's still too much nonsense conspiracy theories, but it was a step up from Nasir lol.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2019

    Nas released Lost Tapes 2. That happened. It has a RZA beat on it.
    Madlib and Freddie Gibbs released their 2nd album. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, the blog is on hiatus but I'm aware these are things that happened.

      Delete
    2. Your hiatus was almost up nearly a month ago...

      Bring on the humour!

      Delete