May 12, 2020

The Max-Approved Mix - Test Episode #D! (Brought to you by RandoMax Radio)



Today brings with it the fourth and final test mix from the Max-Approved Mixtape podcast recording sessions, encompassing tracks 31 through 40 of the 2015 article series that helped steer the site in a different direction, one of long-form critique and discussion, while also allowing me the freedom to not review actual albums, which, at the time, had me burned the fuck out, man. It's ready to be utilized as a work soundtrack or as a way to help pass the time during the COVID-19 shelter-in-place weirdness, whichever describer your current situation and/or state/country.



The tracklist appears below. For the last time, each song title links to an accompanying post I wrote about it back in 2015 or thereabouts. As a reminder, should this spinoff get picked up to series, I won't be able to write a detailed essay about every single entry on the playlist, as that would prevent me from writing about literally anything else.

6. Busta Rhymes - "Abandon Ship" (featuring Rampage the Last Boy Scout)
7. De La Soul - "Big Brother Beat" (featuring Mos Def)
8. Cannibal Ox - "Stress Rap"
9. Craig Mack - "Real Raw"
10. Mos Def & Talib Kweli (Black Star) - "Respiration" (featuring Common)

If you listened to the previous three test mixes, I encourage you to give this one a chance and leave me your thoughts. There's some excellent stuff here - the whole concept behind the Max-Approved Mixtape was to provide an assortment of songs I genuinely love, and you know I wouldn't steer you two wrong.
 
Thanks in advance for your support, and wash your hands!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment