August 11, 2020

The Max-Approved Mixtape - Episode #3! (Brought to you by RandoMax Radio)

 

It may feel like I just posted one of these recently, but that's just because I enjoy recording and releasing these so much that I try to do this as often as I can. The act of choosing songs, paring them down, and sequencing them in such a way so that everything flows together is but one of many nerdy things I've found myself having some fun with ever since I began this side project.

That, or you're just thinking of the last episode of RandoMax Radio that went up two weeks ago. In which case, yeah, that's what I meant, yeah.

Episode number three of the Max-Approved Mixtape went through the combine a couple of times before reaching true nirvana. It originally featured an artist that I later removed due to some allegations from last week that still remain unchallenged to this day. I mean, seriously, ignoring someone calling you out for alleged sexual assault doesn't make the accuser vanish. You could at least deny the charges officially. 

Anyway, today's mix still features the other artist brought up during that now-infamous Instagram Live feed, since the accusations pinned on him aren't nearly enough for me to stop giving a shit about the music itself. I trust that you two can scan the tracklist below and figure out who is who without me having to spell it out.

Finally, there are a bunch of rappers here who haven't been problematic as of late, so you can still enjoy these songs for what they are: entertaining as shit.

(This new Blogger sucks - embedding things has suddenly become a motherfucker. So if you can't see the Mixcloud player below, just click on the title of the episode right above the tracklist to go straight to the page.)



MAX-APPROVED MIXTAPE EPISODE #3:

1. Erick Sermon - "Tell 'Em" (featuring Roz and Keith Murray)
2. Dr. Dre (kind of) - "Just Another Day" (featuring The Game and Asia Bryant)
3. Busta Rhymes - "I'm Talking To You"
4. Bahamadia - "3 the Hard Way" (featuring K-Swift and Mecca Starr)
5. Benny the Butcher - "Crowns For Kings" (featuring Black Thought)
6. Casual - "I Didn't Mean To"
7. Run the Jewels - "Blockbuster Night Pt. 2" (featuring Despot and Wiki)
8. Clipse - "Comedy Central" (featuring Fabolous)
9. Curren$y - "Address" (featuring Stalley)
10. Kendrick Lamar - "How Much A Dollar Cost" (featuring James Faultleroy and Ronald Isley)

Let me know how much you like it or if you have suggestions for the future of stuff I've missed or things I've just never written about - I want you all to enjoy listening to these.
 
Stay safe and wear a mask!

-Max 

1 comment:

  1. Address by Curren$y is such a dope song

    ReplyDelete