September 15, 2020

The Max-Approved Mixtape - Episode #4! (Brought to you by RandoMax Radio)


Last month's edition of the Max-Approved Mixtape gained a bit of traction on Mixcloud, which is exciting, since all I want is for these mixes to be shared and enjoyed, and also a little weird, because I tend to downplay everything. While I'm not expecting the same type of outcome this month, I do believe that the September 2020 entry is my best one yet, but that's merely because I think every mix is my best one yet until the next one. You know, like how a creator is supposed to feel about their output in the medium of their choosing.

Episode number four of the Max-Approved Mixtape doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything - I'm simply presenting ten tracks from ten artists or groups that I like a lot and think you both will also kind of dig. Listen to it, share it with friends, listen again, favorite it, subscribe to it, have it playing in the background while commuting to work, school (if you still have to go to campus anyway), wherever you want, really - I just want you to enjoy this shit.

(Because Blogger hates me, it's possible that you won't see an embedded player below. If that describes you, click on the title of the episode right above the tracklist to go straight to the Mixcloud page.)




MAX-APPROVED MIXTAPE EPISODE #4:

1. Lord Finesse - "Actual Facts" (featuring Sadat X, Grand Puba, and Large Professor)
2. Heltah Skeltah - "Da Wiggy"
3. Sunz of Man - "Inmates To The Fire" (featuring Dreddy Krueger)
4. Tash - "Liquor Store Run" (featuring J-Ro and Montage One)
5. King Geedorah - "No Snakes Alive" (featuring Jet-Jaguar and Rodan)
6. EPMD - "K.I.M." (featuring Redman and Keith Murray)
7. CunninLynguists - "Seasons (Remix)" (featuring Masta Ace)
8. Kool Keith - "Sly We Fly" (featuring Motion Man)
9. Kidz In The Hall - "Traffic"
10. Westside Connection - "The Gangsta, the Killa and the Dope Dealer"
 
Let me know how much you like it or if you have suggestions for the future of stuff I've missed or things I've just never written about - I want you all to have some fun with this side project.
 
Enjoy and stay safe!

-Max 

No comments:

Post a Comment