July 13, 2021

The Max-Approved Mixtape - Episode #13! (Brought to you by RandoMax Radio)

 

 
 

Episode 13 of the Max-Approved Mixtape, which is what we're here to discuss today, features ten hip hop tracks that I found yearning for some affection at the hip hop tracks store, each lifted from various eras of our beloved culture and compiled in a manner that gives each song some new context to work within. There is no expiration date on good music, but I can guarantee you've forgotten about some of these, so pour yourself a tall one (unless you're driving while listening to this, in which case pour up two tall ones, you won't be able to refill it on the road) and enjoy.



MAX-APPROVED MIXTAPE EPISODE #13:


1. Danny Brown - "Really Doe" (featuring Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, & Earl Sweatshirt)
2. Estee Nack - "Force Field" (featuring Planet Asia)
3. Xzibit - "At The Speed of Life"
4. Benny the Butcher - "Over the Limit" (featuring Dom Kennedy)
5. Dr. Dre - "Talk About It" (featuring King Mez & Justus)
6. The Throne (Jay-Z & Kanye West) - "That's My Bitch"
7. Big Punisher - "Wishful Thinking" (featuring Fat Joe, B-Real, & Kool G. Rap)
8. Flipmode Squad - "We Got U Opin, Pt. 2" (featuring Buckshot)
9. Conway the Machine - "Raw Oysters"
10. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Suicidal Thoughts"

Feel free to play this one on repeat. I'm not going to tell anyone.

Until next post,

-Max

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 19, 2021

    Max, do you plan on reviewing the HRSMN album? I watched a bit of Kurupt's interview with Ambrosia For Heads about the hardships of putting it together. From what I could tell Kurupt had some of the standout verses (unless I'm mistaking him for Ras since they sound similar sometimes) and from my recollection he never blew me away until now. It's not perfect but it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ignoring the project, but like all Wu-related reviews these days, if/when it gets reviewed it'll be at some point during the winter holiday season.

      Delete