September 27, 2021

RandoMax Radio Episode #35!

 

It's basically the end of the month, which is good news for music lovers and bad news for all of my perceived haters that I definitely just made up and absolutely do not exist no matter how much they disagree with what I've written about their favorite rappers - RandoMax Radio is back!

This month I present episode 35, which means this side hustle has been going strong for nearly three years now. If you haven't yet succumbed to the greatness that is RandoMax Radio and its fondness for bouncing around different genres like so many bouncing things that bounce, or if you're like me and you refuse to buy into hyperbolic bullshit but still appreciate good music, then I have some good stuff for you. As always, this exercise is designed to mimic the experience of forcing you to listen through my music since we listen to whatever I want when I'm driving, so when your coworkers ask what you're listening to, you can tell them you aren't exactly sure, but that it all sounds excellent.

Tracklist coming soon because, I mean, you know.



EDIT: You know what time it is.

RANDOMAX RADIO EPISODE #35:

1. "Elegia'" - New Order
2. "Violet Hill" - Coldplay
3. "Bus Stops" - The Nonce (feat. Aceyalone)
4. "The Windmills of Your Mind" - Dusty Springfield
5. "Ain't No Half Steppin'" - Big Daddy Kane
6. "I Know, I Hear" - Holy Ghost!
7. "Tenderness" - General Public
8. "We Sink" - CHVRCHES
9. "Get A Hold" - A Tribe Called Quest
10. "Nightlight" - Silversun Pickups
11. "Everybody On The Line Outside" - Flipmode Squad
12. "Coolie High" - Camp Lo
13. "Black Milk" - Massive Attack
14. "Look At You Now" - PMD (feat. Erick Sermon)
15. "Nuclear Seasons" - Charli XCX
16. "Ambitionz Az A Rydah" - 2Pac

 

Oh! Also, this month I'm adding an extra surprise element to the monthly RandoMax Radio post, in that I'm also including an entirely different mix that could turn into yet another avenue for the brand (ugh, I hate that I just referred to it as a 'brand', but it is what it is, and that is what this is). 

So what we have here is a special Max-Approved Mixtape that focuses exclusively on more clubby shit, specifically the kind of stuff that would be playing through the speakers anytime I was drunk tweeting in the Before Times. I have faith that I'll be able to safely do it again in the future, as long as people start caring about other people, but until that happens, pour out a tall glass of the imbibement of your choosing and press 'play', as that will help you get into my state of mind as these ten tracks play through.

This special episode focuses on New Wave specifically - there is no, I repeat no hip hop, and those of you looking for newer music won't find it here. But what we do have here are a selection of ten songs that are guaranteed to put me in a good mood during a night out. You've likely heard of some of these, especially if you follow my Twitter feed, but it's always a great time to revisit - the last track, especially, just sounds like the joy factor ramps up exponentially every four measures.


THE MAX-APPROVED CLUBMIX #1

1. "Go!" - Tones on Tail
2. "Transmission" - Joy Division
3. "The Metro" - Berlin
4. "Electricity" - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
5. "The Walk" - The Cure
6. "Behind The Wheel" - Depeche Mode
7. "Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
8. "Wishing (If I Had A Photograph of You)" - A Flock of Seagulls
9. "Pale Shelter" - Tears for Fears
10. "The Perfect Kiss (12" Mix)" - New Order

General reminders and requests: subscribe to the RandoMax Radio feed to catch up on previous episodes and to receive updates before they appear on either of the sites; you can also troll me on Twitter at @hhid_Max; and of course, you can leave your comments, complaints, memes, song and/or article suggestions, and whatever else you two want me to see or do with these things.

Enjoy, and pass this around! More listeners and more subscribers means more content, which means more of my bullshit!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment