July 26, 2022

RandoMax Radio Episode #45!

 



I realize that a handful of you two might be confused as to why these mixes keep coming while the actual writing on the site appears to have dried up. For one thing, I never said the posts here were going to end, but I did warn that they would slow down significantly, and besides, that itch can be scratched by signing up for the Patreon, which has a ton of shit that should fit the bill. But I’ve burned out on these reviews before, as longtime readers will note, and I’m trying to be proactive to ensure that doesn’t happen again, so I mix it up a bit with these RandoMax Radio mix shows, which help me realize that music is meant to be enjoyed and not just critiqued. It’s helped my mental health out a lot, and hopefully you two are getting as much out of these as I am.

Episode number forty-five comes as, inexplicably, we seem to be living in a world that is somehow worse than it was last month at this time. I’m not sure why a group of people is so hell bent on sewing chaos and destruction wherever they go (oh wait, yes I do: it’s fucking greed), but as you prepare to fight the good fight, whatever that phrase means in your minds, I hope some of you find your ring entrance music here.

That tracklist will pop in when it’s good and ready, but for now you should press ‘play’ and let the surprises hit you like the waves at the beach, or, if you aren’t close to the coast or it’s just too motherfucking hot to step outdoors at the moment (I hear you, same), select the comparison of your choice and ride out.



EDIT: It's that time again.

RANDOMAX RADIO EPISODE #45:

1. Passion Pit – “The Reeling”
2. Alphaville – “Sounds Like a Melody”
3. Pete Rock & CL Smooth – “They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)”
4. A Tribe Called Quest – “Steppin’ It Up” (featuring Busta Rhymes and Redman)
5. Nelly Furtado – “Maneater (featuring Timbaland)
6. New Order – “Crystal”
7. Lupe Fiasco – “The Cool”
8. Mos Def – “Twilite Speedball”
9. Ladytron – “Sugar”
10. Tirzah – “Devotion” (featuring Coby Sey)
11. Step Brothers – “Byron G” (featuring Domo Genesis and The Whooliganz)
12. DJ Shadow – “Organ Donor”
13. Bronski Beat – “Smalltown Boy”
14. Miami Nights 1984 – “Ocean Drive”
15. Fu-Schnickens – “La Schmoove” (featuring Phife Dawg)
16. Gary Numan – “Films”

 

 

Share this with whoever you wish. These are all great songs that deserve much wider audiences, so if more people listen to them, then the artists gets paid more by Mixcloud and all will be right in this world. Sort of. I can't control the political climate, sorry. Share/repost this mix across your socials, and while you’re at it, jump onto the Patreon and secure your spot to support the written word, since, as you’ve likely noticed, the posts over here are running much more infrequently. Every little bit helps keep these projects sustainable, and I would certainly appreciate it.

Enjoy!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment