March 10, 2020

The Max-Approved Mix - Test Episode #B! (Brought to you by @RandoMax_Radio)


The Max-Approved Mixtape (some people are referring to it as the #Maxtape, I don't know, it's a lot of some people) experiment continues today with the second test episode, ten more tracks of pure, undaulterated hip hop. Well, maybe it's a little bit adulterated. But it's locally sourced and cruelty-free, anyway.

If you enjoyed the first test, I ask that you give this one a spin and let me know what you think - I'm still gauging reactions here, as this spinoff of RandoMax Radio still isn't guaranteed, although I'm encouraged and humbled by the response to the first entry.

But before you step foot into this post, catch up with the first test entry if you haven't done so.





Once again, the tracklist appears below. Each song title links to an accompanying post I wrote about it back around 2015 or so, and once again, should this series continue, that's one piece that won't survive the transition, so hell, may as well enjoy the writing while it's here, right?

6.  Too $hort - "Buy You Some" (featuring Erick Sermon, MC Breed, and Kool Ace)
7.  Nas - "Talk Of New York"
8.  Mobb Deep - "Eye For An Eye (Your Beef Is Mines)" (featuring Nas and Raekwon)
9.  Cappadonna - "Supa Ninjaz" (featuring U-God and Method Man)
10.  Big Noyd - "All Pro" (featuring Prodigy and Infamous Mobb)

So please listen to the mix and leave me all of the feedback. I want to see if I'm on the right track here, one that you two will hopefully join me on to the bitter end.

Thanks in advance for your support!

-Max

1 comment:

  1. Well you just reminded me of the 60 Minutes of Funk tape from '95... plus nice touch with the following track since Erick Sermon recycled some of his verse on the Too Short track on a 'freestyle' on that same album.

    ReplyDelete