April 14, 2020

The Max-Approved Mix - Test Episode #C! (Brought to you by @RandoMax_Radio)


When I finally decided that the Max-Approved Mixtape (everyone's talking about it as the #Maxtape, but I would never be so driven by my ego to put my own name into a hashtag like that, but if it's what the people want, who am I to judge) might be a spinoff worth pursuing, I set out to record some test mixes based on the series of articles I ran back in 2015 as an alternative to writing full-length reviews.

Today brings forth the third segment from those test sessions - ten more slices of whole-grain hip hop, chock-full of the gluten you may not be able to ingest, but your mind absolutely craves.


The tracklist appears below. Each song title links to an accompanying post I wrote about it back around 2015 or so, and, as a reminder, should this series continue, that's one component that won't survive the transition, so hell, may as well enjoy the writing while it's here, right?

1. Showbiz & A.G. - "Represent" (featuring Lord Finesse, Deshawn, and Big L) 9. The RZA (as Bobby Digital) - "Don't Be Afraid"
If you listened to the previous two test mixes, I encourage you to give this one a chance and leave me all of the feedback. I need to know if this is something that should continue beyond the testing phase (there's still one mix remaining, if you're wondering).

Thanks in advance for your support!

-Max

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for continuing these mixes, I for one enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Much appreciated. Anything in particular you think I should consider for future volumes?

      Delete
  2. On the 'maxtape' series I'm always open to less well known artists, perhaps some people that I missed during their respective eras, be it 90s, 00s or 10s. It's one of the reasons I enjoyed the Canadian mix I mentioned on another post here, I hadn't heard most of it before but introduced me to a whole new bunch of artists that I really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete