January 2, 2023

The Twelve Days of Wu-Mas 2022 - Day #9

In 2020, the Twelve Days of Wu-Mas took on a different form, with all written reviews appearing over on the Patreon instead of here. There was a reason for that: instead of merely chastising the stuff I didn’t like on various projects that had very little chance of ever measuring up to the golden era of the Clan, I wanted to share with readers the songs I actually enjoyed a great deal. That's how I ended up compiling several special episodes of the Max-Approved Mixtape dedicated to the Wu-Tang Clan and their affiliates.

These mixes, each featuring ten tracks handpicked from the vast Wu catalog and a random movie sound bites that started off following the group's overall aesthetic but quickly shifted into more bizarre territory in an effort to make myself chuckle, were a pretty big hit over on the Mixcloud site, bumping up the follower count and listener stats, so in 2021 I recorded a few more, since there is an endless sea of the Wu for us to navigate. The only criteria used was that I had to personally believe the song was fire. That’s it. Simple, right? I figured that, if I loved the song, then there was a great chance that you two may also enjoy the shit out of it, and sharing songs I actually like with folks is one of my favorite things to do, hence RandoMax Radio existing in the first place.

I haven’t recorded any new episodes of the Wu-Mix for this year’s holiday run, but if you’re a newbie or just need to get on my level, below is a list of every episode released, in addition to a couple of extra-special one-offs that acted as “best of” mixes just because I thought they would be fun.

2020:

Wu-Mix #1 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #2 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #3 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #4 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #5 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #6 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #7 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #8 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #9 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #10 (Original article)
Wu-Mix #11 (Original article)

2021:

RandoMax Radio Presents: Wu-Mas 2020 Mix
(Original article)
RandoMax Radio Presents: Wu-Mas 2020 Mix - The Other Guys (Original article)
Wu-Mix 2021 - Day #3 Mix (Original article)
Wu-Mix 2021 - Day #5 Mix (Original article)
Wu-Mix 2021 - Day #7 Mix (Original article)
Wu-Mix 2021 - Day #9 Mix (Original article)
Wu-Mix 2021 - Day #11 Mix (Original article)

These special entries in the Max-Approved Mixtape canon work best when you’re zoning out to the music, so run them back on your commute, while working out, cleaning your apartment, or simply relaxing with the indulgent intoxicant of your choosing. Share this with your Wu-stan buddies, as every little bit of exposure helps the cause.

Enjoy!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment